Monday, January 3, 2011

Cleaning Out The Larder: Day 2

Still cleaning out the leftovers, but there are a few new items today.

Breakfast: Cereal in Milk:
















Weight: 17 oz (2 oz cereal, 15 oz milk).

Lunch: Mabo Tofu (with some rice underneath):
















Weight: 15 oz (3 oz mixed veggies, 4 oz tofu, 3 oz ground beef, 5 oz brown rice) + 5 oz water in rice.

Dinner:
Ham and Radish Soup:
















Weight: 4 oz (3 oz radish, 1 oz ham) + 12 oz of water in soup.


More Mabo Tofu (with some rice underneath):
















Weight: 13 oz (3 oz mixed veggies, 4 oz tofu, 3 oz ground beef, 3 oz brown rice) + 3 oz water in rice.

Oven-Baked Mixed Veggies with Beef Roast:
















Weight: 10 oz (7 oz mixed veggies, 3 oz beef)

Other:
Apples:


















Weight: 10 oz 

Orange Juice: 9 oz
Milk: 11 oz

Summary:
Total eaten / Total daily allowance: 89 oz / 91.1 oz
Grains eaten / Grains daily allowance: 10 oz / 10.4 oz
Vegetables eaten / Vegetable daily allowance: 24 oz / 21.2 oz
Fruits eaten / Fruits daily allowance: 19 oz / 19.2 oz
Milk Products eaten / Milk Products daily allowance: 26 oz / 26 oz
Meat and Beans eaten / Meat and Beans daily allowance: 10 oz / 9.1 oz
Other eaten / Other daily allowance: 0 oz / 5.2 oz


Some thoughts:

Made up the veggie deficit today, but ate a bit too much meat. Oh well.

Breakfast helped a lot with the milk requirement. It's a lot easier on my stomach to take milk in smaller doses, as one lactase pill sometimes doesn't cut it when you drink too much at once, and you never realize it until it's too late to correct the problem.

I feel a lot more full than I usually do after dinner. I should pack more for lunch so I'm not trying to get all my allowances in at dinner.

Not sure what I should do about the "Other" category. It already feels like I'm eating too much.

I also wonder how many calories are in all of this food... I should also look up how many calories is appropriate for my height, weight, and activity level. My wife mentioned that she only needs about 1200 kcal a day because she's only about 5'2" and slim, but the MyPyramid breakdown for females in her age group in the Thrifty Food Plan recommends almost 2000 kcal a day, so if she ate what was recommended then she would gain around 0.2 pounds a day (assuming all excess calories are metabolized, then saved as fat).

Would I actually gain weight under the Thrifty Food Plan? I'll look that up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment